Description: Start with your hands under your shoulders, knees under your hips, and your head in a neutral position (face down). Draw your belly button to your spine and your hips forward to stabilize your core. Slowly lift one arm and opposite leg up to create a parallel shelf to the floor with your limbs and body. Your arms should be beside your ear and at the same height as your shoulder. Your leg should be at hip height and in line with your hip.
Targeted Muscle Group(s): Gluteus Medius, Hamstrings, Rectus Abdominis
- AVOID abducting your limbs out to the side of your body.
- Keep shoulders strong by pushing your weight through your supporting palm.
- Avoid shifting all your weight into one hip. Hip should be in line with your knee.
- Draw the belly button to the spine to activate and stabilize the core.
- Keep your head in a neutral position (looking at the ground) to eliminate stress on your spinal cord.
Bird-Dog with Band
Bird-Dog with Crunch